× Members

Esa assessment

More
4 years 5 months ago #239877 by debbiesixtysix1
Esa assessment was created by debbiesixtysix1
I attended my esa reassessment at 9.00am this morning. After having arrived 15 mins early I was then kept waiting another 20 mins. Not good when in pain and feeling exhausted. And suffering daily.
My assessment was approx 35 mins and the assessor seemed tired and yawning all through it. I never had to do much ,only answer a few questions .
I have had back problems for 29 years which resulted from an accident at work and being medically retired . I had failed back surgery in 2014 but since then , 2 years on I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia The assessor concentrated on this very much and understood how I felt and my symptoms.
At the end she said you do know that you can only get a 12-18 month award for this as it can be managed with medication..
I was shocked . I replied and said that everyone is different and an assessor does not know how a claimant feels and tries to cope with their illness.
What about my back problem that has got worse over 29 yrs with surgery and still it’ is no good with medication and surgery. My mobility is very limited.
In Jan Fibromyalgia was recognized in parliament as a disability.
So now I’m thinking instead of longer term awards or not having to have f2f at all because I have a severe case of fibromyalgia I will be lucky to get maximum 18 months.
is all the stress ever worth it ???? DWP is a dark ancient organization that only thinks of saving money and hoping that no one has to claim these benefits unless you are almost dead or close to it. It’s shambolic I think they just want to see you desperate instead of trying to help the most vulnerable ..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239893 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa assessment
Debbie

Whilst ESA is an indefinite award, reassessments are done relatively frequently, with a maximum of two or three years depending on which group you are placed and 18 months is a common period between reviews.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #240940 by debbiesixtysix1
Replied by debbiesixtysix1 on topic Esa assessment
Today I received the letter that I have again been put in the support group. After having rang for the award length they kindly told me it was for 18 months. I didn’t expect it to be any longer after the assessor passed a remark about award lengths for fibromyalgia. I also requested the medical report. Thanks again B & W your guidelines are invaluable.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240949 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa assessment
Debbie

Congratulations on the award, very pleased for you, well done.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @ESA

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.