× Members

Terrible Pip appeal

More
4 years 5 months ago #239913 by mikegee1968
Terrible Pip appeal was created by mikegee1968
Well after waiting 18months for my close friend to receive his pip appeal he was awarded nothing. 7points for daily living and 4 for mobility. As he is over 65 he cannot apply again for pip and therefore I have sent off for attendance allowance forms for him. As regards pip, I understand that the only way forward would be to show an error of law. Ive applied for a statement of reasons. My question is how successful is this course of action? Any help would be appreciated thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239926 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Terrible Pip appeal
I Daniel Blake

I'm not aware of any statistics for this but we don't see many reports of successful UTT appeals in the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #239938 by alisp
Replied by alisp on topic Terrible Pip appeal
Just checking, but has your friend reached pension age yet? It appears to be that which counts for PIP, not your 65th birthday.

Carer for a long-term ME/CFS sufferer

More
4 years 5 months ago #240005 by alisp
"Just checking, but has your friend reached pension age yet? It appears to be that which counts for PIP, not your 65th birthday."

Assuming the person I spoke to today knows what they're talking about - which seems likely - it seems that I was wrong about the above. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up :(

More
4 years 5 months ago #240017 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Terrible Pip appeal
alisp

It is 65 or State Retirement Age, whichever is the higher.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: alisp

More
4 years 5 months ago #240054 by alisp
Thanks, Gordon. I double-checked on the Govt. website today, which confirms what you say. So the person who I thought ought to know obviously didn't.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.