× Members

Pip mandatory reconsideration decision

More
4 years 5 months ago #239911 by Anne
I have just received my decision DLA to Pip I have standard rate daily living but no mobility. I want to do a mandatory reconsideration i have read the information on this site.
I don't have any new evidence to offer but i dispute why they refused my mobility. The assessment took over two hours. i had a long walk to the assessment room and i kept asking for somewhere nearer. i was holding my friends arm and the hand rail i stopped halfway going and i complained i was in pain and the same going back. Their reason for not giving mobility was i walked 60m to the assessment room they did mention i was in pain.or that i walked slowley holding my friends arm and the rail. They just said i did not stop . has anyone got any views on this or any advice. i was exhausted when i came out the whole experience was so stressful and tiring.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239925 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip mandatory reconsideration decision
Anne

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I've moved your post to its own topic, we ask members not to post their questions in other member's topics as it can lead to the wrong advice being given or taken.

It is not always necessary to provide new evidence for an MR if you are happy that the evidence that you have already provided explains your limitations adequately.

You can challenge the assessor's comments, you might also want to check the distance, Google Maps or the equivalent may help, 60m is a long way even in a large building.

Also, have a look at the following;

You are not required to walk pain free but any pain that restricts the distance that you can walk should be taken into account.

Specifically for the Moving Around activity, if you are able to walk but you are in severe pain when doing so, then you can argue that your walking is not to a necessary standard and should be disregarded.

The legal test requires you to stand and then move (walk), so if you have problems getting up then you should document these as well.

If you walk slowly then it must take you at least twice the time to cover the distance as a healthy person would, this could be down to the speed of your walking but could also be the result of having to stop.

You must be able to repeat the distance, so if you could walk it once but not then be able to walk it again within a reasonable timescale then you should be classed as unable to repeat the activity.

I'm afraid I can't tell you how to show your walking is more restricted but things you need to think about is what you can't do, for example what can you walk in your house, how far is the toilet from where you normally sit, things that will count against you are any trips that you make outside, so for example, how do you do your shopping?

You must be able to walk the distance you can, reliably and on the majority of days, both these terms are defined in the PIP Claim guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

So you need to explain what you can, how you are limited and why.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.