× Members

Finally date for F2F 23 weeks after DWP received m

More
4 years 5 months ago #239939 by Esme999
I received my F2F appointment today 23 weeks after DWP received my form to transition from lifetime DLA to PIP.

I have had a recent MRI which shows changes in my condition should I send this off to the DWP so it can be considered prior to my F2F which is in 2 weeks time? Or should I wait and take the copy of the report along with me?

If I should send it off prior to the F2F where should I be sending it too?

My Husband is taking me to the appointment should I go into the room on my own? Is it advisable for him to accompany me into the room? I tend to be quite emotional and tearful during appointments and would rather he didn't accompany me into the room. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239953 by BIS
Hi Agnes999

As your assessment is only two weeks away, I would take a copy with you to the assessment. If you send it now - it may not get processed in time anyway. You could if you want send a copy to the DWP - the address is the one on your original claim letter.

It is entirely up to you whether you want your husband there. Many claimants prefer to have someone in with them as a witness to the entire process, but it's entirely your choice.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Esme999

More
4 years 5 months ago #239996 by Esme999
Thank you BIS I will send off a copy to the DWP I take it you mean the address to where I sent the completed form back to ?

I will also take a copy of the report with me to the F2F.

Do I ask the assesor to read the report prior to the F2F? If so do I hand this over prior to being called into the room or when I am called into the room?

Thanks

More
4 years 5 months ago #239998 by Gary
Hi agnes999

Yes, send a copy to where you sent the completed form.

Give a copy to your assessor when you enter the room and ask them to read it first before the assessment begins, good luck.

Don't forget you can contact DWP and ask for a copy of your assessment a few days after if you are worrying about how you got on.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Esme999

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.