× Members

ESA and CA

More
4 years 5 months ago #239944 by Mrsjones
ESA and CA was created by Mrsjones
I am on ESA support group and higher rate on both components of PIP my husband has been off work for 12 months after an accident he is currently on the new esa and is awaiting a decision on what group he will go in after the thirteen weeks he is still unfit for work
My question is can he claim Carers Allowance for me as we are both on ESA contribution based

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239973 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and CA
Mrsjones

He can but it won't be paid as it is considered to be an overlapping benefit with ESA(CB) so only the ESA will be paid,

You should put your information into one of the online benefit calculators to see whether you would be entitled to Income Related ESA in addition to your ESA(CB), if you are then this would enable the payment of the Carers Premium is he did claim CA, about £35 per week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #240002 by Mrsjones
Replied by Mrsjones on topic ESA and CA
Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.