× Members

ESA WCA

More
4 years 5 months ago #239949 by Deb
ESA WCA was created by Deb
Hi all, I’ve just been for a WCA for my esa ( I’m in the support group, have been since it was incapacity benefit). This is the first time I’ve had a WCA and I was really anxious.
So I’ve read all the guides, so I knew I’d be watched from the second I got there, not a problem I’ve nothing to hide.
The appointment ran to time and the lady who saw me was lovely. ( which worries me). She said she wasn’t going to examine me much, wasn’t going to focus on all my health problems just my narrow airway.
She kept commenting on my awful breathing.
Didn’t do much really, 20 minutes it took and at the end she said I don’t make decisions but I can’t see things changing at all now or in the future. So I’ve come away feeling quite positive.. which I didn’t expect.
Would I/ should I be cautiously optimistic? How much weight do these WCA have on the final decision ?
I’ve now to start filling in my PIP from for my transfer from dla. Such joy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239957 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA WCA
Hi Deb

It is unusual for the decision-maker to overrule the view of an assessor, but until you get your decision, it is impossible to say. Glad that you had a good experience at the assessment. Hope it is not too long before you hear. Good luck with the PIP form.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.