× Members

Esa assessment

More
4 years 5 months ago #239945 by Karen1102
Esa assessment was created by Karen1102
I was extremely unwell at my last assessment and the assessor cut short the interview and I was actually sick during the assessment. She said she could see I was unwell and said she had seen enough. I was awarded ESA in the support group. That was a year ago. I have this morning received a TEXT message to say I have another assessment next week on the 12th November. I have not received any letters from DWP regards this. I feel extremely stressed and upset as I only attended 1 year ago and not receiving any written information for the interview giving me times dates and telephone numbers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239974 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa assessment
K

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I've moved your post to its own topic, we ask members not to post their questions in other member's topics as it can lead to the wrong advice being given or taken.

There is no legal requirement for an ESA50 to be issued, that said there is no reason why one should not have been if an assessment has been deemed necessary.

You do have the option of cancelling this appointment to give you more time to prepare but you will need to attend the next one, whenever and wherever it is arranged for.

I would encourage you to complete an ESA50 or to prepare a letter detailing your problems with the ESA activities, you can download an ESA50 from the following

www.gov.uk/government/publications/capab...r-work-questionnaire

If you write a letter then stick to the same format as the ESA50.

Send a copy to HAAS if there is time otherwise take a copy to the interview and ask the assessor to read it before they proceed, I would also send a copy to the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #239986 by Karen1102
Replied by Karen1102 on topic Esa assessment
I completed my ESA50 back in October and received my text message today. I have rearranged my appointment. Last year the assessor said I would not have to attend another assessment but I am having to attend again.
Im not sure why
Thank you

More
4 years 5 months ago #239993 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Esa assessment
Hi Karen1102

Have you got it in writing that you would no longer need to be assessed? If not you can always check with the DWP whether that is something the assessor just said or whether it was written down. It is not, however, the assessor who makes the final decision and that would have to be endorsed in the final report. Until you find out whether that is the case you will need to attend the assessment.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.