× Members

Mandatory reconsideration

More
4 years 4 months ago #240061 by Nige H
Mandatory reconsideration was created by Nige H
Firstly thank you for this website, the best £20 I’ve ever spent.
I recently had a PIP assessment and was down graded one level on mobility to standard rate and the care level kept the same at standard rate. I followed your website and asked for a mandatory reconsideration. After send lots of evidence I got a phone call from DWP upgrading both elements to enhanced rate. Approx a few weeks later I got my certificate of entitlement and was shocked to see the enhanced care had been backdated to December 2016. The thing is I only received the money back dated to the date of the medical. Would it be worth asking them if I’m going to get it back dated to the award date or is this normal that they don’t give you the money back when you were previously on DLA higher rate till the December 2016.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #240066 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mandatory reconsideration
Hi Nige H

Many congratulations on your upgraded PIP report. Great to hear.

It is common that the award is backdated to the medical - so no there would be no point in asking for it to be backdated further.

BIS

Tags: @PIP @MR @RESULT

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.