× Members

DWP limit duration of award guessing improvement

More
4 years 5 months ago #240104 by HJH
The DWP have totally ignored the Consultants advice that my sons condition is severe and permanent and say they are limiting the period of his award to 3 years, because they think he might improve. Is this lawful? They have no evidence of their own, at all, and surely the rules requiring claimants to tell the DWP of any significant changes during the duration of the award cover this scenario, not unfounded supposition?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240108 by Gary
Hi HJH

The first question I need to ask is which benefit have you applied for for your son? as award lengths can vary between DLA and PIP.

You may want to check out the following link to help explain.

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/sites/default...202018%20%282%29.pdf

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #240109 by HJH
Dla to pip. We are appealing the pip award.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240113 by Gary
Hi HJH

I missed your original question, is it lawful?

Answer: unfortunately it is and the link below explains why.

I have replied to your other post which has a number of useful links.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.