× Members

Capita?

More
4 years 5 months ago #240105 by Sliksmrs
Capita? was created by Sliksmrs
Hello,my first post.
I had a home visit 21st October. They still haven't received my report. I rang again today to report some more medical treatment,and the last pip person had phoned and emailed Capita to see where it was. Apparently it's been kept aside for some like quality control thing..I've forgotten the word they used. Has anyone heard of this or can explain it to me please. How long it will take,what it means.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240111 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Capita?
Hi Bernie Stockton

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...q/general-faq#Gen140

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it? www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...q/forums-faq#Forum10

I would Contact DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report (PA4), it usually takes between 4-6 weeks for a Decision although some members have been told 10 weeks or more for this, you can chase the Assessment Provider for your postcode for an update.

Contact the AP for your postcode;
www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Capita
capita-pip.co.uk/en/contact.html

IAS (formerly ATOS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/contact-us/

If your case has been referred for quality control then it has probably been referred to the quality assurance manager.
Quality Assurance Manager is a DWP employee who liaises between the Case Manager (the person at DWP making the decision) and the assessment provider (ie Capita/IAS). They raise any queries with the assessment provider if the recommended scores are not consistent or where there is new evidence provided and further guidance is needed. Unfortunately there is quite a delay between the report being produced and a decision being made. There is little you can do realistically, although once it gets unacceptably long (2 months) I would advise you consider contacting your MP and asking them to intervene. You could do that now, but it may be a bit too soon.

Whilst you are waiting have you looked at our PIP Claim guide?
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.