× Members

Seeking compensation from DWP?

More
4 years 5 months ago #240116 by mosala
Seeking compensation from DWP? was created by mosala
Can I claim compensation from DWP if I win my appeal, for all my time wasted on compiling my claim and expenses incurred, namely £300 in my case - for support letters, appointments, etc. Also for them causing my condition to worsen as a result of the stress. Each time my OCD goes down a notch (with new thoughts), it stays down permanently. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240124 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Seeking compensation from DWP?
Hi Mosala

You would need to get legal advice on this. There is no automatic mechanism for this. You could make a complaint and ask for compensation - (unlikely to be given) or you could make an online claim for the small claims court and see if you get anywhere that way. However, you do need to seek legal advice

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #240146 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic Seeking compensation from DWP?
Thanks. I will ask CAB.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.