× Members

Pip award length

More
4 years 5 months ago #240140 by c.haselden
Pip award length was created by c.haselden
I am 68 years old and received my pip award notice today, previously receiving DLA. Ive been awarded standard rate both . However only for three years. Should this have been for ten years or am I misunderstood that my age group would only have a light touch in ten years?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240143 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip award length
colliewollie

There is still no guidance on this from the DWP, the award length is an operational Decision, not a legislative one, this means that the DWP can basically do what they want.

My guess is that it is either because you do not have an Enhanced award or more likely that they expect your conditions and/or limitations to change in the next three years..

You can try contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim about it.

Any MR or appeal would have to be based on the award length being inappropriate for your conditions, you can't appeal just because it is not an On-going award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #240144 by c.haselden
Replied by c.haselden on topic Pip award length
Thanks for making it clearer to me.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.