× Members

Decision changed at mandatory reconsideration: ??

More
4 years 5 months ago #240149 by AR2019
I cannot thank this site enough for the advice and support from the moderators and site users. Back in September I received my pip decision after transferring from dla to pip. I was awarded standard dla and 4 points for mobility, with the dla award till July 21. I used this site template and completed details requesting a mandatory reconsideration. I initially called the phone number requesting the reconsideration and was asked if I wanted all of it reconsidered - I requested the mobility to be reconsidered. I followed this up with a letter as per the template on this site. The brown envelope landed today and I’ve been awarded enhanced mobility- from 4 points to enhanced. The dla remained the same and both will be reviewed in 2023 - extending it from the previous.

I cannot express how relieved I am, I could not have done it without the advice from this website. In the mandatory reconsideration I stressed the repeatedly without pain (the absolute truth) yes I can walk but not without pain and not continuously. I understood it was a risk to ask for a reconsideration, but I felt so strongly about the fact I struggle to get about that I decided it was worth fighting for.

Thank you to everyone, because of the hard work of the moderators and site creators I’m one of the people that have been helped.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240151 by Gary
Hi AR2019

Thank you for your kind words and letting us know the outcome of your Mandatory Reconsideration, posting on the forum your success gives hope to others and encourage them not to give up.

You would have been awarded PIP standard daily living component and PIP enhanced mobility component.

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @MR

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.