× Members

PIP Agoraphobia

More
4 years 5 months ago #240168 by Katie
PIP Agoraphobia was created by Katie
What I don’t understand is how is with agoraphobia are supposed to be able to cope with a hearing ? I can’t possibly go to anything like that. Are there any video appeals for folk like us?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240172 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Agoraphobia
Hi Katie

I've moved your post to its own topic, we ask members not to post their questions in other member's topics as it can lead to the wrong advice being given or taken. The post you posted on was over 3 years old.

In answer to your question, have you looked in our 'Members Only Guides' www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip ?

Half way down the page you will come across PIP Appeals and just below that there is a link to 'Guide to PIP appeals', two links below that you will see another link called 'PIP mandatory reconsideration and appeal submissions' you will find information on agoraphobia, have a look at page 19 for an example of agoraphobia and how to do a submission.

You may want to ask for a paper hearing if you cannot attend a hearing in person, look at our guides on paper hearings for more information.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #240180 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic PIP Agoraphobia
I've had two tribunals - one was meant to be FaceTime/Skype but the equipment didn't work so I just had a kind on conference telephone hearing with everyone there on loudspeaker etc so they could ask questions about my mental health. The other was a paper based hearing.
So they are possible if you request them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.