× Members

DLA to PIP tribunal success

More
4 years 5 months ago #240302 by blackcat8
DLA to PIP tribunal success was created by blackcat8
Many thanks to Benefits and Work for your excellent Guides re appealing against a decision. Last year I had to claim PIP, having been on DLA for 9 years. The decision, following my face-to-face assessment, was (predictably) No Points. My DLA stopped on 4 September 2018; I had already appealed after I had gone through the mandatory reconsideration process. It was not until October this year that I was given a tribunal date - a sign that, as you report today, the tribunal system is simply unable to deal with the number of appeals coming through. I'm pleased to say that I won my appeal, and in addition to the daily living component, they also awarded me 10 points for mobility, which I had not expected! They also said that a review was inappropriate, which the DWP have accepted.

So as I said, many thanks to all concerned with Benefits and Work. You rock!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240316 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP tribunal success
Lesley

Very pleased for you and well done on the successful appeal.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.