× Members

Effect of daughter taking part time job ?

More
4 years 5 months ago #240629 by Diddles
Hi- my teenaged daughter wants to do part time work whilst at college. She does 12 hours per week for her A levels and wants to work a few hours in a shop.
My husband and I both get PIP. He gets ESA based on his NI contributions and we get income related ESa as a family. We also receive child tax credits and council tax relief.
Could anybody advise me as to how my daughter working part time will affect our benefits? Whom do I need to advise- I have no idea what the rules are.

I would be very grateful of any advice- thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240631 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Effect of daughter taking part time job ?
Diddles

Your PIP and the Contribution Based ESA will not be affected by her earnings, I'm afraid we do not do bot advise on Tax Credits in the form and I have been unable to find any advice that matches this scenario on the internet and I am loath to make a guess as to what the implications might be if indeed there are any.

I would try and get face to face advice from somewhere like the CAB.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diddles

More
4 years 5 months ago #240632 by Gary
Hi Diddles

You may want to seek help from your local welfare rights unit, you can use an online benefit calculator such as Turn2us www.turn2us.org.uk or if you are not very good with computers you can call their Advice line: 0808 802 2000.

They will ask you questions such as how old is your daughter, do you have other children, they will also check to see if you are getting all your benefit entitlements and premiums such as SDP for a couple providing no other person over 18 lives in the family unit.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diddles

More
4 years 5 months ago #240753 by Diddles
Replied by Diddles on topic Effect of daughter taking part time job ?
Thank you Gordon and Gary for your help. I very much appreciate it. Amanda

More
4 years 5 months ago #240890 by Diddles
Replied by Diddles on topic Effect of daughter taking part time job ?
Having called ESA (job centre +) and child tax credits this morning- this is the info I was given.
As long as my daughter does not reduce her college hours below 12 hours ( remains in ft non advanced education), she can work with it affecting child tax credits or our I/R ESA.

I wanted to post this in case it helps any one else but please SPEAK TO RELEVANT agencies yourself to see what's correct for your circumstances. This is purely an account of what is relevant to mine.
Thank you again for the given advice previously.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.