× Members

Are ESA face to face the same thing as a medical?

More
4 years 4 months ago #240744 by Chilli
I'm sorry I feel a bit thick for asking this. I've searched the FAQs and can't find the answer. I'm in the support group and get high rate care PIP (awarded till 2022) but I'm being called in for a an ESA face to face. I used the guide to fill in my form but the guide refers to being called for a medical but now I've got a letter calling me in for an assessment and I suddenly panicked wondering if I'm missing something as they've only given me two weeks notice. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #240747 by Gordon
Chilli

The DWP insist on using the word "medical" but it is synonymous with "assessment", I prefer the latter as there is often little that would be called medical in these appointments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chilli

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.