× Members

severe disability premium

More
4 years 5 months ago #240782 by smartie
severe disability premium was created by smartie
Hi I am looking for advice I have been offered and excepted a tenancy on a flat. I have been financially assessed to pay full rent as I have a good works pension and highest rate care and mobility DLA. The lady that undertook the assessment then told me I should apply for a Severe Disibility Premium as I have highest rate DLA and no carer. I don't think I can as I receive no means tested benefit but she is adamant.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240787 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic severe disability premium
smartie

Yes, you need to be receiving an Income Based benefit (not Universal Credit) before the SD Premium is payable, the Premium will increase the calculated amount you could receive which may mean that you are now eligible depending on your other income.

You can put your information into one of the online benefit calculators.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: smartie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.