× Members

DLA to PIP

More
4 years 5 months ago #241246 by john aikamn
Dla to pip was created by john aikamn
Just got my brown envelope today. Was on dla mobility only now have PIP standard daily living allowance and enhanced rate mobility. For ten years.
Without the Web site info don't think I would have managed many thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: girlracer265

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #241249 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Dla to pip
Hi john aikamn

Congratulations on your award, pleased that you found members guide useful.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #241260 by jayjay1963
Replied by jayjay1963 on topic Dla to pip
Hi
Congratulations to you!
Nice to hear some good new's what i wanted to ask you is your age, i know that may seem rude , my husband was 64 when they denied his case but was disputed and he won higher rate of both till 2027, I'm 10 years younger than him and waiting for a letter to drop on my door with an answer for me as well, i'm wondering if the older you are the more years you get?

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #241276 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Dla to pip
Hi jayjay1963

No it does not work like that, the length of time is usually dependent on your condition and whether or not you are likely to improve over time.

Congratulation on your husband for winning the higher rate.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Gary.

More
4 years 3 months ago #242926 by Steve Rogers
Replied by Steve Rogers on topic DLA to PIP
I took my epileptic wife to Tribunal yesterday, 11 months after being given 0 points and 6 months after our second appeal, the Tribunal awarded her the equivalent of the DLA payment she previously received for 11 years (adding standard rate Daily Care). We have been through: a gruelling 2-hour ATOS interview conducted by a supervised European trainee whose first language was not English, a lying write-up by a third person who wasn't in the room, a review consisting of another lying write-up by a fourth person who wasn't in the room, an appeal which ended with an 8:45am phoned offer of Mobility only - take it or leave it - which did not make it clear that we could appeal again. Luckily I have been studying and this website helped very much! So our second appeal has succeeded and we have a 6-year award. However we are aware that our offer will be reviewed in 2-3 years, a mockery of a lifelong, permanent, incurable brain injury. This is our 4th award and the 3rd which has needed to go to court - only the last DLA award went through first time. Our experience contrasts sharply with Universal Credit which has been a joy to claim and whose properly qualified and honest staff made sure we got our proper entitlement. Thank you, Benefits & Work!

More
4 years 3 months ago #242933 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic DLA to PIP
Hi Steve

I believe that the award you have is for PIP and not DLA as you use terminology such as standard rate which is used for PIP.

I know at times it can seem a battle and by the sound of your post you have had many battles along the way, unfortunately you are not alone. Congratulations on getting your award.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Rogers

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.