× Members

WCA - Repeating Information

More
4 years 4 months ago #241251 by jasonlegs
WCA - Repeating Information was created by jasonlegs
Hello - I have just received a new WCA and I am extremely stressed about completing it not least because it causes me pain to write a lot (and I have lots of information to convey). Also they are now asking you to do it in capital letters which is even worse.

I have obviously done this form before and very little has changed with my conditions. I'm wondering if there is any way to duplicate old information sheets but making any changes clear on another sheet in order to avoid a ridiculous amount of pain and stress. I'm using a voice activation program 2 to type this post and even that causes me problems so is not really the answer. So any help on this matter would be very much appreciated. thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #241275 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic WCA - Repeating Information
Hi confusedwoman

It would depend on how long ago you last completed a form, was it for ESA or UC?

If it was for ESA or UC then you can complete an electronic version which is a PDF file. I have had a quick search on line but could not find a word version of either of the PDF files.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/capab...r-work-questionnaire

www.gov.uk/government/publications/uc50-...r-work-questionnaire

If the forms have not changed then print out the old ones and switch them with the new forms providing as you say nothing has changed, if anything has changed then include the up dates. You have to make it as easy as possible for yourself and always keep a copy.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: HappyHappy2

More
4 years 4 months ago #241302 by jasonlegs
Replied by jasonlegs on topic WCA - Repeating Information
thanks 4 reply Gary.
It is ESAand i last filled out the form 6 years ago. I don't really understand your second paragraph? typing is even more a problem for me than writing. I may have to try to persevere with voice activation to redo and update information on separate sheets I think. It will take a long time and as I will have to severely pace myself but it might be better than photo copying old sheets and then amending them on separate sheet.

Do you really think they would accept photocopying the Old form?

More
4 years 4 months ago #241316 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA - Repeating Information
confusedwoman

If your last ESA was six years ago then it may have been under the old Descriptors, even if it wasn't then there have been a lot of updates to the DWP guidance.

I understand why you are proposing what you are but I think there is a real danger of your confusing those assessing you by following this option.

If I was you then I would use the speech to text software to create new answers based on what you wrote before, updated to take account of the current criteria, you can then attach these to the back of the ESA50 and indicate on the form where they need to look with a short note.

Just make sure that each page has your full name and NIN at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jasonlegs

More
4 years 4 months ago #241831 by jasonlegs
Replied by jasonlegs on topic WCA - Repeating Information

Gordon wrote: confusedwoman

If I was you then I would use the speech to text software to create new answers based on what you wrote before, updated to take account of the current criteria, you can then attach these to the back of the ESA50 and indicate on the form where they need to look with a short note.

Gordon

The above is very much what I'd like to do but it felt much too daunting so I've started to go down the route of photocopying and then creating a new sheet with updates. It's a bit messy though and I wonder if as you say it will confuse them and they will dismiss it. I wonder if I can ask for a new form In the hope that I can make my answers on the form itself neater ?

Another question regarding my evidence - I don't really see anyone now regarding my conditions now because there is no point. Do I just send in old evidence or won't this be enough? I also have mental health problems but again haven't seen anyone in the last few years and have been trying to work on things myself with out professional help.
The form actually says don't get any new evidence but will they just try to dismiss me?

Also, can I find out which questions I scored the points on in 2013? I am in the support group?

I would really appreciate some more help please.

More
4 years 4 months ago #241837 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA - Repeating Information
confusedwoman

There are no extensions for completing the ESA50 so if you ask for a new form you are really limiting the time that you will have available to complete it.

You can download a PDF version of the form which you can either type (into or copy/paste) of print and fill manually, in either case, you could attach pages to it.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/capab...r-work-questionnaire

You can include old evidence providing you can show that it is still relevant to your limitations as they are now, this will be a lot easier for what I will call for simplicity physical conditions than for mental health ones.

Do you receive any treatment for your conditions? Medication? This will help show that they are still an issue you are still having to deal with.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: jasonlegs

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.