× Members

Support group without WCA

More
4 years 4 months ago #241488 by Eleanor
Support group without WCA was created by Eleanor
After a lot of hassle. Thank you for all the help on here. After 7 years I was sent a new ESA to fill in. Used the guide on here again, sent it back with all my medical evidence and an up to date consultant report. Was told I had to go for a WCA. Needed to postpone the date due to a death in the family. Meanwhile my GP wrote a letter and sent that off. They wrote back and said still not enough medical evidence and would still have to go to the WCA but they would organise a taxi for me. Then sent the template letter asking for the WCA to be recorded and stating which dates I couldn't go if they needed to reschedule. Phoned up two days before the medical to see if the date was changing or not and was told I didn't need to go as they had got my GP letter. So I didn't go. And then worried as I'd had nothing in writing. 3 weeks later I had a decision and am still in support group.

So if anyone else is going through this - get up to date medical evidence and see if your GP will write a letter explaining how things affect you. The best bit in my GP's letter was the terminology "unable to weight bear". Which says it all - much more than - I have a painful foot -or I have to walk with a walking aid. If you can't weight bear, you can't walk and only a Doctor can use that term authoritatively.

It was very hard to get a GP letter though. At first they said they don't do that any more. Eventually one GP said she would if she had time to get out my paper notes. Chased it up and got it eventually and paid £10. It arrived long after I had to send the ESA 50 back so I sent it on afterwards. It made a difference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #241503 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Support group without WCA
Eleanor

Many congratulations on your ESA award. Well done for persevering with it.

BIS

Tags: @ESA @RESULT

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 4 months ago #241508 by Becky
Replied by Becky on topic Support group without WCA
Well done Eleanor. I was lucky, DWP sent a report to my GP to 'tick' the boxes and she added a note to the end of it which I'm certain added weight to my claim.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.