× Members

great news

More
4 years 3 months ago #241591 by cw
great news was created by cw
sent my esa50 renewal back about 14 weeks ago and just got decision letter still in support group without a medical. used the guides and sent supporting letters and brilliant outcome. how do I find out how long the award is for can I write to request the info as im unable to ring them. also where would I send request. thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #241592 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic great news
Hi lilliegez

That really is terrific, congratulations and well done.

ESA is an indefinite award with scheduled reassessment based on the Prognosis Date completed by the assessor in their report, so your existing ESA award continues in payment until a new Decision is made.

ESA assessments can be anywhere from 3 months to two years for the WRAG and three years for the Support Group, you can find out when you are likely to be reassessed by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim, the information will be on your computer record, or requesting a copy of the assessment report.

You can write to them, use the address on the decision letter.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @ESA

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 3 months ago #241594 by cw
Replied by cw on topic great news
is the report I need called an esa85a. or do I just ask for assessment report. thanks

More
4 years 3 months ago #241596 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic great news
Hi lilliegez

You are correct, you can ask for an esa 85a or assessment report. I requested two last week and they both arrived within a few days, but I did request the reports over the phone.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cw

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.