× Members

PIP award review

More
4 years 4 months ago #241676 by Elphie
PIP award review was created by Elphie
Hi Regarding question 13 "is there anything else you would like us to know about your condition?" Is it advisable to answer this? How much information would be relevant?
Also, is it ok to highlight sections on a GP report, for their attention?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #241681 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP award review
Hi Elphie

Regarding question 13, it is entirely up to you whether you fill something in this space or not. Some people do and others don't. It won't be held against you if there is nothing else to add. If you decide you have more to say - how much you actually write is up to you. Some people add in additional pages at this point because they want to say more. It all depends on the individuals, and how much information you need to give.

Yes if you want to highlight something from the GP's section - this is an appropriate place to do it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elphie

More
4 years 4 months ago #241707 by Elphie
Replied by Elphie on topic PIP award review
Hi, thanks, I actually meant is it okay to use a highlighter pen on the GP report to show particular appointments/mentions?

Also, two other questions:

Can we send a copy of the health summary from last time's assessor's report?

Can you point me to the information on here as to the changes in the way the mobility is awarded ie supervision vs safety please?

Thank you

More
4 years 4 months ago #241712 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP award review
Elphie

Yes, you can highlight the report but do it sparingly, phrases rather than paragraphs if at all possible, it is definitely a case of less is more.

Yes, you can send the last report but you need to explain why it is still relevant.

The changes for safety are explained in our PIP Claim guide.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: layla

More
4 years 4 months ago #241791 by Elphie
Replied by Elphie on topic PIP award review
Thanks Gordon. It is sent. I underlined a few words and phrases in the doctors report, hopefully they will notice! And I just included the physical observations part of the assessor's report from last time as I thought that might be the most useful and I know they are supposed to have the rest of it to hand?

Do you know how long it is taking to hear back about reviews at the moment? Will it be by letter?

Do you have any idea of what percentage of people they approve continued award for without doing a face to face assessment?

Thank you!

More
4 years 4 months ago #241811 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP award review
Elphie

Xmas and the New Year are obviously going to be a factor, so probably 4-6 weeks at the moment but both IAS and Capita will be working with the exception of the Bank Holidays.

Whether a Paper Based Review is done or you need to attend an assessment, you will be notified in writing.

I'm afraid I don't know what the statistics for reviews are but I would not pay any attention to them anyway as they don't apply to individual claims.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.