× Members

Question about PIP

More
4 years 4 months ago #241759 by David
Question about PIP was created by David
I am a transferee from lifetime DLA to PIP and aged 67. I received 11 points for daily living under PIP which puts me in the standard rate. The money is the same as the middle rate in DLA. But I received no points for mobility under PIP but got the lower rate under DLA. I have the award for two years.

1. Is it common to lose the mobility component on transfer.
2. Given I have been awarded PIP for daily living can I in two years time still claim for the mobility component of PIP.
3, I thought that pensioners got a light touch approach whereby awards would be for ten years. Is this so ?
4. Is it worth appealing now for the mobility component?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #241762 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Question about PIP
Hi David

1. Some people lose their mobility during the transfer and others don't and some people see an increase in their award. There are many different factors that can affect why that happens.

2. No, you cannot claim for the mobility component in 2 years' time. After the age of 65 claimants can only claim for daily living.

3. Light touch reviews are going to be made to all pensions, but the timescale is unclear. This is likely to happen at your next review.

4. Only you can decide whether you want to appeal the mobility component. At this stage you could still receive it - because it would be counted as the transfer from DLA - in the future as I have already said, you cannot claim for it in the future.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 4 months ago #241764 by Di
Replied by Di on topic Question about PIP
I am due for review next year. I have just reached 65 and receive enhanced living and lower mobility. Will I automatically lose the mobility at renewal?

More
4 years 4 months ago #241768 by David
Replied by David on topic Question about PIP
Thanks BIS

If I manage to get the mobility component after an appeal with the transfer from DLA. Would it continue in two years time if I met the criteria. Or would the mobility component automatically stop in two years time?

More
4 years 4 months ago #241773 by BIS
Hi Di

The mobility component is not open to new claimants of PIP after 65. As long as yours was renewed at your review it would continue.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 4 months ago #241774 by BIS
Hi David

If you get your mobility reviewed at Mandatory Reconsideration or Appeal Stage it would continue as you would be a current claimant (not a new one).

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.