× Members

PIP Success

More
4 years 4 months ago #241761 by Sue O'Riordan
PIP Success was created by Sue O'Riordan
Thank you for the information and support on this site. After a long assessment process (having to prove my identity twice and the DWP losing my original phone application) I received a decision of enhanced for both care and mobility on an ongoing basis for both. Although this is justified I feel extraordinarily fortunate and so relieved as I had prepared myself for a long drawn out appeal process. Despite the messy start to the assessment my contacts with the DWP were then helpful and I received a home visit for my face to face assessment. I did not request this but did ask for a venue that was not have a long distance from parking or drop off by car and without steps. (Concentrating on my needs). The person who carried out my interview seemed sympathetic and I did not feel was trying to catch me out. I went over the interview afterwards with a cynical attitude but am glad that it was as appeared. I realise I was fortunate in this.
I spent a good deal of time on my application and had help from a friend who is a retired Educational Psychologist. I took the position of the worst days/weeks of my experience and was honest about the help I need (even if I don't always ask for or have it). Even so it was a difficult experience. I found that days and weeks of concentrating on all the worst aspects of my condition and life were very depressing and sapping of the limited energy I have. BUT worthwhile for this positive outcome. I gathered as much advice as possible including that published by the MS society. The local support available from the MS Society had closed just before I began the process. It was helpful using the information in your guide as a basis for how I answered the questions. My partner, who is also my carer, provided a very honest letter giving his perspective on my condition and the help I need. Once again, thank you and I have been passing on information about this site to professionals and those working with likely PIP applicants.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #241776 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Success
Hi Sue

Many congratulations on your enhanced PIP award. Good to hear.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.