× Members

PIP Home Assessment cancelled by IAS 3 times

More
4 years 4 months ago #241830 by willmoac
I was due to have my PIP face to face home assessment today.

They called once again yesterday to say that it would have to be cancelled as no healthcare professional was available due to sickness.

This is now the third time they have cancelled!

They told my wife that they have no assessors in our area, so would need to get one from a neighbouring area. I live in Suffolk.

Apparently I will receive yet another letter in the new year with a 4th date!

Given that they seem to be struggling to find an assessor for the face to face, is it likely that they will decide to do a telephone interview instead?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #241836 by Gordon
willmoac

Whilst it is not impossible that they will contact you by phone I think it unlikely that they will do this, if they thought they could have written the assessment report with only a phone interview then they would have done this from the outset.

You can make a complaint about the cancelled appointments

Complaining to the PIP Assessment Providers

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.