× Members

Had assessment today

More
4 years 3 months ago #241835 by ellen1st
Had assessment today was created by ellen1st
Had a home assessment this morning. I had not asked for one but it was greatly appreachated. It took about 13 weeks from them getting my form.
The assessment went just as people on here have said. He did not want to look around my house or even look at things I said where on the cupboard. My Sister was with me and he listened to what she had to say which was a releaf to me as I find it hard to describe what I want to say. I have no idea how it went but I am a bit concerned as he said at the end it will take 6-8 weeks and if there are any discrepancies to let them know. This has started me worrying. I know I can ask for a copy of the assessment but I am not sure if I should. I wish I could just forget about it now but there's not a lot of chance of that.Oh well.
Wishing everyone a merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, SUE C C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #241968 by Thistlelass
Replied by Thistlelass on topic Had assessment today
Oh I think you should ask for the report! I had my home assessment on 2nd December, and have already had the unscored report. This shows me that I am likely to lose my award. i have written to DWP and Independent Assessment Centre to flaf up their assessment in my case is flawed. It does not take any account of strong evidence from GP and a hospital Consultant, telling them of a diagnosis of Fybromyalgia in 2005, an bang up to date Multiple Sclerosis [as well as marked mental health problems). So I think you need to find out as soon as possible how this is stacking up for you, in order you can prepare your case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SUE C C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.