× Members

16 Yr Old Daughters ESA to PIP Claim

More
4 years 3 months ago #242864 by ClaraN76
16 Yr Old Daughters ESA to PIP Claim was created by ClaraN76
Hi Guys,

I'm a newly signed up member and wanted to ask if anyone could guide me to the relevant information on claiming PIP from ESA. I'm struggling to find exactly what I need.

My daughter is turning 16 soon and I know that we will need to claim PIP as I have already been sent a letter regarding the fact.

My daughters suffers with anxiety and depression and has so for many years but I know that claiming PIP is much harder for those conditions.

Is there any guide to show how the questions should be answered? What to concentrate on in answering how her conditions affects her?

I'm not very good with forums so please forgive me if I've missed something.

Thank you.

Claire x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #242868 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic 16 Yr Old Daughters ESA to PIP Claim
Hi ClaraN76

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

We have a very substantial guide on the PIP process and it will walk you through every step.

You can either download it - it is very large (93 pages)
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

or you can read each section of the same guide online in separate parts.
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...pip/pip-claims-guide

Try not to feel overwhelmed. It can be daunting. Do not assume that because your daughter has depression and anxiety that it is harder to claim. So much is down to how clearly you explain how she meets the PIP criteria and the back up medical evidence you provide.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 3 months ago #243214 by ClaraN76
Replied by ClaraN76 on topic 16 Yr Old Daughters ESA to PIP Claim
Thank you so much xx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.