× Members

Motability

More
4 years 3 months ago #243059 by redcat
Motability was created by redcat
I’m on indefinite HRM and HRC DLA and haven’t been moved to PIP yet. I’d like to rejoin the Motability scheme but the worry is I won’t be awarded HRM PIP. However, I’m fed up waiting to be assessed, it could be a year yet by which time in Scotland where I live the new soft touch PIP assessments will be in force, improving my chances of retaining my original DLA when I move to PIP.

But I’d like to know what you’d do out there? I’m on ESA support group and their last report says I have severe functional disability and no date for reassessment so I’m wondering if that might help my chances although I know officially it shouldn’t. Running a private car is costing me a fortune so Motability is just what I need. But I’d still like other opinions.

Shirley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #243062 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Motability
Hi Shirley

This is something that we cannot tell you, there have been a few recent posts on this forum within the last few months in regards to the Motability scheme, I have had a quick search but cannot find them.

The first question I would ask you is, were you born before 01/04/1948, if you were born before that time then you will not be re-assessed.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 3 months ago #243065 by Becky
Replied by Becky on topic Motability
Have you looked at the criteria for getting points on PIP Shirley? It is different from DLA.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 3 months ago #243124 by redcat
Replied by redcat on topic Motability
Thanks Becky and Gary for your replies.

I was born after 1948 so I will be reassessed at some point.

Becky- I volunteer for CAB so I’m very familiar with the difference between the DLA and PIP mobility criteria! But as we know what we should rightfully be awarded and what we actually wind up getting are two different things!!

More
4 years 3 months ago #243167 by Esme999
Replied by Esme999 on topic Motability
Shirley Motability are very helpful if you give them a call. I was on high rate DLA and because i knew I would be required to be assessed due to the transition from DLA to PIP I decided not to renew my car. If you are currently receiving HR DLA mobility and it is currently indefinite then you can apply for a motability vehicle. If however during the process of your application for to join the scheme you are notified by the DWP that you are to begin the transition of DLA to PIP I think that you will find you will not then be able to continue with the application to join the Motability scheme until the outcome of your transition is known. If you do join the scheme and the car is provided and then you are notified that you are to be transferred from DLA to PIP you will then be under the same criteria whereby if the outcome of the transfer after assessment is such that you do not meet the requirements of the scheme by being awarded less than 12 points for the mobility section then you will have to return the car. I too live in Scotland.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.