× Members

PIP award

More
4 years 3 months ago #243157 by supergreatgran
Replied by supergreatgran on topic PIP award
Thank you, that all makes sense. My daughter takes me shopping, I sit in the cafe while she gets the shopping. It gets me out, otherwise I would get deliveries and not get out much. . It takes a day to recover from doing that. He did get that right in his report. They said the award is based on how I am for 50% of the time. Not sure how they have worked that out.

PTSD, anxiety do not fit the descriptors apparently. I can go to a familiar place, but can't go to places I don't know well alone. I panic. I tried once, about a year ago. My daughter put me on a train. I got off at the wrong stop. It was a small station with no cafe and a metal seat, it was winter and very cold. . I didn't know what to do and. A guard came to help, and told me the next train was 2 hours. I just froze, I didn't know the place. I was shaking and sweating. He suggested getting a taxi, there was one outside. I got the taxi and went back home and it cost a fortune. I was as scared in the taxi but it was warm. I was sobbing as I told the assessor. He reported that I had got off the train at the wrong station but got myself into a taxi so was unlikely to have been OPD. I cried when I told him how I had a panic attack and couldn't breathe in a car park, and when I was with friends and couldn't move when a crowd of people came down a flight of stairs. I was thrown down a flight of stairs by a gang of youths when I was pregnant and the terror was as real as it was when it happened. My friends looked after me. That apparently doesn't fit the descriptors. I am thinking that maybe I should not try and push the MH and just go for the physical limitations. It is shocking that mental health is treated this way, I feel so sorry for people who are trying to claim for MH. Thankfully I got the enhanced award for getting about.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.