× Members

Review form for PIP

More
4 years 3 months ago #243185 by borderterrier
Review form for PIP was created by borderterrier
Hi all
I am not sure how to complete the review form for PIP. The one that is sent before current 'award' runs out. I have missed the deadline so my payments have been stopped but they have agreed that since form was sent out 9 Dec, and I didn't received until 16th Dec that they will accept my form up until 4 Feb. I don't know how to fill out this form as the format is just 'has your condition changed' since last time (Jan 2018).

How much info do I need to write in order to answer , as the questions are very open? My ability to do things round the house has improved on some days but overall I'm still very depressed and can't leave the house without my husband or being on purchased diazepam and booze, and if outwith local area I need the diazepam combo even with husband. I don't know how to put that across on the form?

They are looking at from Jan 2018 to Dec 19. In that time I had two hospital admission due to suicide attempts/severe self harm. Sorry if that is tmi.

I've had loads of changes in medication etc but as I'm agoraphobic I always discharge myself asap from hospital so have little evidence really.
Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks if so, if not no worries!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #243187 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Review form for PIP
Hi BorderTerrier

Please read our guide on how to fill in the review form,

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...ip-award-review-form

Once you've read it, if you have any further questions do come back and ask.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: borderterrier

More
4 years 3 months ago #243191 by borderterrier
Replied by borderterrier on topic Review form for PIP
I am still unsure how to get across that mobility is very difficult/impossible for me. Do you have to qualify for enhanced daily living to get the enhanced mobility? I ask because if I do take a diazepam I can get a taxi to town, approx half a mile , which would count as being able to go out, but it's not prescribed as buy from internet. I do this perhaps once a month. Otherwise I am on a a few medications (prescribed) to help with anxiety but they don't work that well. I have to stay home because of panic attacks. I don't see GP much because of this, so it would all be down to supporting statements of psycholoigist and social worker. They only give vague statements and those didn't help in my ESA appeal as I was refused it after the one year 'fit for looking for work' edict. So I don't have much confidence in those now. I know it's up to me to fill out the form but I find really it really tricky as I don't want to say the wrong thing. I want to get better but it just isn't; happening . And I'm not a sponger or a malingerer, I worked full time in decent jobs for 20 yrs and paid taxes yadda yadda. I am not capable of walking to my corner shop because of severe panic. Even taking the bin bag out is hard cos the wheelie bin is about 30 ft away. Iam ashamed of myself. Thank you tho for your help.

More
4 years 3 months ago #243192 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Review form for PIP
Hi BorderTerrier

The mobility and the daily living are two separate components and although many claimants get both there are some who only get daily living or mobility. Each component is awarded at standard or enhanced care.

An assessor will discount any medication that is not prescribed for you by a GP, consultant or other recognised medical professionals.

Can you get more up to date supporting statements which are not vague? Would your GP be willing to write one? Some do and some don't.

I cannot tell you what to write. You know your conditions and how they affect you. If you need more space then use separate pieces of paper. You need to show that you meet the criteria. You suffer from anxiety and have difficulty leaving the house. You need to explain how often this happens and what exactly happens. It will have to be a problem for more than 50% of the time for it to be considered. You say that you cannot walk to the corner shop because of panic - but you go into town once a month. This sounds contradictory - so make sure when you're filling in your form that you don't write things that appear to cancel each other out. You should not feel ashamed of yourself. Lots of people have problems with anxiety - you need to describe them clearly.

Do you have any friend or family member who is familiar with your situation who could write a supporting statement for you?

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.