× Members

Time waiting for PIP decision

More
4 years 3 months ago #243235 by Bugsy1943
Time waiting for PIP decision was created by Bugsy1943
Hi I completed an application for a new award for PIP in August 2019, I had my f2f in November 2019, I’m still waiting for a decision does it normally take this long, I was previously getting an award but my condition is deteriorating and I was put on ESA because I can no longer work, I don’t know if I should phone them but thinking about doing this is creating anxiety but I’m getting really tired of it all now, any advice would be really appreciated
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #243240 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Time waiting for PIP decision
T

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

PIP Decisions have been taking around 8-10 weeks recently and I would expect Xmas and the New Year to have delayed the process further but you should be expecting a letter about now.

You can hone the PIP Helpline, the number will be on the letter that you received with the claim form. They will be able to tell you whether a Decision has been made or not and if the Decision Letter is marked as having been posted, the actual Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bugsy1943

More
4 years 3 months ago #243250 by Ness46
Replied by Ness46 on topic Time waiting for PIP decision
I received a text from DWP on 11 Nov saying I would hear within 6 weeks. I rang 2 weeks ago and was told to ring back in 2 weeks. My decision will be in its 11th week on Monday! I plan to ring again later chasing them but I'm not holding my breath.
Ness46
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bugsy1943

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.