× Members

PIP Mobility for Psychiatric conditions

More
4 years 3 months ago #243318 by jim555
Replied by jim555 on topic PIP Mobility for Psychiatric conditions
I think it should be simple. You don't apply for just pip care or pip mobility separately. If you satisfy a mobility descriptor then why would you not document it? You don't have much to lose as you have to provide care requirements on the same form. Good luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #243329 by annie-rose
Replied by annie-rose on topic PIP Mobility for Psychiatric conditions
Thank you.

In a lot of ways I think I should fill the Mobility section in accurately (I only get driven to one appointment each week and am restricted to the house for most days each week) but I also really really want to avoid an F2F assessment, which I could not get to nor cope with!

I just wonder whether if I put 'No change' for the Mobility section and for all of the Care descriptors (with extra info and evidence) then I'm less likely to be called for an assessment?

More
4 years 3 months ago #243330 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Mobility for Psychiatric conditions
Hi Ellie

The majority of claimants are reassessed face to face, so there is little you can do to try and prevent it unless you have some back-up from a professional

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 3 months ago #243336 by Becky
Replied by Becky on topic PIP Mobility for Psychiatric conditions
If your conditions meet the criteria for scoring points on the mobility section then you should fill it in. You could get called for an assessment just for the daily living part even if you have avoided it so far.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.