× Members

PIP Decision

More
4 years 2 months ago #244204 by Lucy
Replied by Lucy on topic PIP Decision
Thank you BIS, I really appreciate your post.

Sorry I have one more question (at the moment!).

I noticed on the back of the assessors report there are two different dates from the date of the actual face to assessment.

One was two working days after the face to face assessment and seems be that it has been signed off by the assessor that I saw.

The other was five working days after the assessment with the box saying last updated by.

Is this normal working practice?

Thank you again

Lucy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244215 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Decision
Hi Lucy

The assessors are told to upload their report within 48 hours of an assessment - so that would be the first date. The next date could be because something had to be clarified and this does sometimes happen. I wouldn't worry about it.
It's the content of the report that matters.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 10 months ago #248788 by Lucy
Replied by Lucy on topic PIP Decision
Hello,

Sorry for not replying sooner, I have had another relapse.

I have just recieved the decision letter and have been awarded the standard rate of mobility in addition to the standard daily living rate. I am pleased that I have been awarded this but disappointed as I feel that that I need the higher rates. I hope that I don’t sound ungrateful or rude by saying this.

I am going to sit down and have a go at working out my expenses as I am not sure I have the abilities to go to tribunal.

Does anybody know if there are any resources to help go though the tribunal process please.

Sorry to ask just feeling very deflated at the moment as I worked so hard to detail my day to day difficulties and I feel like I am not believed.

Sorry to be negative

More
3 years 10 months ago #248790 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Decision
Lucy

First, congratulations on the award that you have received, it may not be what you want but it is still a success.

Help for an appeal; you can see if there are any Welfare Rights Workers in your area, do an internet search for "welfare rights" with your postcode. town or county.

I have to warn you that you may struggle at the moment, their offices are probably still closed and they will only be operating over the phone, also. the Tribunal Service is only operating a limited service so it will likely be a long time before there is a hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.