× Members

New diagnosis

More
4 years 2 months ago #243283 by ladypowys
New diagnosis was created by ladypowys
Hi, I could do with some advice please. I recently completed my ESA50 form and waiting to hear when I have the f2f appointment - my ESA50 had to be in before 31st Dec '19, which was done.

Since filling in the form I have been diagnosed with Polymyalgia, so do you think I ought to inform DWP now, or wait until f2f to let them know. If I ought to let them know now, where do I send the new information etc to? Could you give me the address please.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243285 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New diagnosis
Glen

From your previous posts, I assume this is a reassessment. Wait times for a face to face are very variable from perhaps a 4-6 weeks to six months or more, your current award remains payable until a new Decision is made.

If you don't tell the DWP and Maximus of the new diagnosis now then they can't consider it, whilst it is unlikely that it would result in a Paper Based Review, it still could!

Did you keep a copy of the address that you sent your ESA50 to?

If you have an address for an Assessment Centre then send them to this, send a copy to the DWP office dealing with your claim, both with a covering letter explaining what they are. Lastly, take a copy to the assessment and ask the assessor to read them before they start the interview.

If you don't have the address then contact Maximus;

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #243299 by ladypowys
Replied by ladypowys on topic New diagnosis
Thank you Gordon. Very helpful - I can sort this out now and shall get the new details posted off.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.