× Members

futher evidence

More
4 years 2 months ago #243290 by joachimk
futher evidence was created by joachimk
I am awaiting my pip assessment result , I have a copy of assessors report and it looks like I might have to do to an MR. Yesterday I had to attend an urgent care centre and the doctor referred me to Ambulatory care unit of the hospital She gave me a letter to give them . When I handed them this letter I asked them to give me a copy first. O n the second page of this letter under examinations it states difficulty moving undressing ect. also readings for temp. high and bp high pulse rare high as well, she writes in distress would this be good evidence and should I wait for PIP result or should I sent it on to them no w I had my PIP assessment on Dec. 23

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243292 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic futher evidence
Hi joachimk

There is a small window for you to write to the Decision Maker but you will need to be quick.

Understand that the assessor is offering an opinion when they say that you can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said.

Also, try and stick to issues that lead to your scoring points, I often hear members referring to the assessors spelling, as an example, whilst it may show a lack of professionalism, raising it as an issue isn't going to help you get an award.

Make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

Lastly, make sure that your letter makes it clear that you are not requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration but you reserve the right to do so once a Decision has been made.

Let us know how you get on

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.