× Members

ESA Review

More
4 years 2 months ago #243322 by mistake
ESA Review was created by mistake
Hi I was getting incapacity benefit since 1999 and was then transferred to Esa Support group in 2013. At my last renewal in 2016 the assessor stated it was highly unlikely that I would be able to return to any kind of employment.
With DWP not calling some claimants for reviews when due and pushing the reviews on a few years, I had hoped that as I will reach pension age (66 yrs) next March and my ESA will cease then, I wouldn't have to go through another review.
However in Oct 19 I got the forms through. I thought it strange that as never before they were in a white envelope (not the dreaded brown one) from a Leeds address but maybe thats the norm now,, has anyone else received them in white envelopes ??.
We filled them in and returned them with a lot of medical evidence on 25th November by tracked post and they were signed for on 26th November as received. Since then I haven't heard a thing, I have checked with my GP and he hasn't had a request from them for any info.
.Am I just being impatient or is this the normal wait if being called for a Face to Face.. I wouldn't have put myself through all this stress for the sake of a maximum possible 12 month award but I also get DLA, and I knew if I didn't send these forms off it could affect my DLA (which still hasn't been reassessed for PIP)
Do you think I should ring to see what is happening or just let it be and see what happens.. Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243325 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA Review
Hi mistake

I can't give you a view on the colour of the envelope they used. ESA can take some time to come through, but the only way to alleviate your worries is to ring them and find out what is happening with your case.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #243376 by Headcase
Replied by Headcase on topic ESA Review
Hi, can't comment on the colour of envelope I received....it's that long ago.

Anyway, it's now over 13 months since the DEADLINE I had to return my forms...
I've rung twice, against my better judgement, the second time was a most unpleasant/harassed (gentle?) man ...
" You're still getting paid aren't you?"........

That was six months ago, I've given up even thinking about worrying about......

More
4 years 2 months ago #243428 by mistake
Replied by mistake on topic ESA Review
Hi Thank you. I think I will just wait and see what happens then, I guess no news is good news

More
4 years 2 months ago #243535 by Benson
Replied by Benson on topic ESA Review
Joe90, it took them approx 16 months between me sending back my ESA50 forms and getting a letter for a F2F. What often happens is they send a form to your GP and they wait quite a while to hear back, if they don't hear back then you likely get the F2F eventually.

The DWP letters are brown envelope, and the Maximus/ATOS letters are white envelope.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244025 by mistake
Replied by mistake on topic ESA Review
Thank you for your replies. I got the letter today saying they had renewed my claim and Im staying in Support Group. We followed the excellent info given on this site regarding filling in the renewal form and thankfully they renewed my ESA from the medical evidence which we sent with the renewal application, without a face to face. Thank you for your so much B&W for all the information and all the work you all do to help us claimants:)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.