× Members

Telephone assessment DLA to PIP

More
4 years 2 months ago #243339 by Salb125
Telephone assessment DLA to PIP was created by Salb125
Hi, i’m my sons appointee as he has ASD, anxiety and communication problems. We started the DLA to PIP process in late September 2019 after receiving the dreaded letter. I completed a telephone assessment on behalf of my son 8th January 2020 in which the nurse said at the end of it he would be given a paper review. I cant find any info on approximate timescales as this outcome seems to very rare. We had to go to tribunal for my sons original DLA claim, so I have limited confidence in the system. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243340 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Telephone assessment DLA to PIP
Hi Hurried and Worried

I am sorry, I really can't give you any timescale. We have had a small number of members who have had paper-based assessments for PIP but the decision time has really varied. The best thing you can do is ring the DWP and ask how his case is progressing.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #243342 by Salb125
Replied by Salb125 on topic Telephone assessment DLA to PIP
Thank you for your quick reply. I will ring them to ask for an update. Many thanks. .

More
4 years 2 months ago #243379 by Gill
Replied by Gill on topic Telephone assessment DLA to PIP
Hi. I filled out my son's pip form as I'm his appointee and requested a phone assessment in September making sure I added the doctors letter advising this as a f2f wouldn't happen.
I had a phone call early/mid December from an assessor and still waiting.
I phoned DWP yesterday and the assessors report is still with the decision makers.
Hope this gives you a little insight on approx timescale.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Salb125, Gary, Anisty

More
4 years 2 months ago #243414 by Salb125
Replied by Salb125 on topic Telephone assessment DLA to PIP
Thank you, Gill. Lets hope we both hear something soon!

More
4 years 1 month ago #243739 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic Telephone assessment DLA to PIP
It took six weeks from the phone call telling me that there was no need for a face to face assessment until I got the award notice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Salb125

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.