× Members

Legacy benifits

More
4 years 3 months ago #243345 by Paula
Legacy benifits was created by Paula
I have worked all my life. Came out of work May 2019 went to jobcentre put me on New style ESA. When I have looked on gov.com I should be on Contrabutional ESA as I was also getting working tax credit with disability element. Also never received disability premium as I also get pip standard for both which I have also claimed for few years now
Am I write as it also shows legacy benifits when I use calculator ?????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #243354 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Legacy benifits
Paula

You cannot make a new claim for "legacy" ESA except in very specific circumstances which you would not have met if you were working immediately before making a claim.

New Style ESA is the equivalent of legacy Contribution Based ESA, it has the same criteria and pays the same.

The Disability Premium is not payable with either legacy ESA or NS ESA, it is replaced by the WRAG and Support Group components if payable.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.