× Members

Pip rang

More
4 years 2 months ago #243368 by Hiyame
Pip rang was created by Hiyame
Sorry never posted before, I usually just read others,but I just wanted to ask a question. My son who is 22 has always received DLA then PIP but 9 weeks after his home assessment PIP rang me asking to speak to my son I said he wasn’t here at Uni, they asked if they could ring him, I told them he doesn’t answer unless it’s me or 2 other people he knows, he said ok it’s just a quick chat I said again he doesn’t like phones and talking to people he doesn’t Know I’m his mum and carer is there anything I can help with, he said no I will carry on with review without speaking to him ok goodbye.
Does anyone have any ideas why they would do this?
I’m a bit baffled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243373 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip rang
Hi Hiyame

I don't know what your son's difficulties are (and there is no need for you to say), but sometimes depending on the circumstances assessors do try and do a 'phone' assessment, because they want to speak to the claimant themselves. You say you are his carer, but you don't say that you are his appointee. Even if you are his appointee, the assessor may well have still wanted to speak to your son. Now that he hasn't he has said that he can do the review without your son. I have heard of this being done before.

If you are concerned you can always ring the DWP to clarify the present situation.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.