× Members

PIP Award Review

More
4 years 2 months ago #243409 by FMS
PIP Award Review was created by FMS
I was originally on Low-Care DLA and was, in 2016, 'invited' to apply for PIP. This I did, with much help from the B&W Guides and this Forum. After Assessment, I was awarded the Daily Living Component. I have just received the dreaded PIP Award Review Form.

I hate the thought of spending hours and hours completing this form to then have my answers doubted during a Cross-Examintion (sorry, Assessment!). First time around was totally humiliating and I can't imagine that things have improved.

Could anyone advise me on the following:

(a) If I inform DWP that I do not wish to have an Award Review, do my PIP payments stop immediately or will they continue to the end of my current Award which is July 2020?

(b) If I do not complete this form is it likely to impact on my ESA (Support) Award which I have been receiving, without review, for about 10 years? I know that they should be totally independent of each other but I have my doubts.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243415 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Award Review
FMS

A. You should expect your payments to stop once the DWP have received notification that you do not wish to participate in the reassessment process.

B. It's very unlikely but I cannot say that there is zero possibility. it will depend on how closely the reasons you were awarded PIP match against those for your ESA award and whether it is believed that the reason that you have not is because your conditions have improved, there's a document in the PIP area that compares the criteria and indicates where there is overlap.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: FMS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.