× Members

My Daughter Successful DLA to PIP

More
4 years 2 months ago #243611 by Whiskers
My Daughter Successful DLA to PIP was created by Whiskers
Hi All, been a member on here for years, since my cancer in 2012 and found this site to be most helpful.
My daughter who has learning difficulties has just had a successful DLA to PIP transfer and has enhanced rate for both daily living and mobility.
She was only on lower rate for each before, so a very welcome boost for her finances.
This would have been completed a lot earlier than had it not been for me going into hospital with a blocked bowel and needing emergency surgery and being in hospital for nearly two months as I am her appointee, this was last July August
Her interview was on the 16th January had her letter of Award on the 31st January so only two weeks and a day waiting for a result.

Appointments were delayed quite a number of times and moved from different centres partly for our convenience and partly for their convenience.
In the end we had an appointment at a St Austell Office and the assessor there was a lovely lady.

A pity claims are not backdated to the start of the claim as my illness made a 5 month delay, about a £2000.00 loss of income.

Many thanks to this site for all the information and making things relatively easy for filling out forms.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anisty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243612 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic My Daughter Successful DLA to PIP
Hi Whiskers

Sorry to hear about your illness, but many congratulations on your daughter's enhanced PIP award. That is great to hear.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiskers

More
4 years 2 months ago #243678 by Whiskers
Replied by Whiskers on topic My Daughter Successful DLA to PIP
Many thanks BIS.
My take on this is,
I think a lot of this is "Luck of the draw", there are good and bad assessors, luckily we have had good so far.
Also there might be an incentive bonus to fail people which is kept secret, this might account for a lot of failings.
And some assessors have a genuine interest in helping while others are totally uncaring.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243679 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic My Daughter Successful DLA to PIP
Hi Whiskers

I would agree there is an element of luck in these things and there are good and bad assessors.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.