× Members

Pip f2f

More
4 years 2 months ago #243807 by Strato
Pip f2f was created by Strato
Hello
I would be grateful for a little information if possible re-pip f2f.
Im posting on behalf of my daughter who is currently on high mobility and low rate care she had a f2f just over a year ago and has kept the same rate up to now.
Her background is that she had an awful road traffic accident some years ago(not her fault she was hit off a motor bike by a car)13 broken bones and a fatty embolis that went through her blood stream to all major organs,intensive care for 1 week and hospitalized for 7 weeks.
She had to have a metal plate put onto her thigh bone this sort of operation is normally done with a pin though the bone but because the bone marrow(fatty embolis)was mixing with her blood the pin couldnt be used.
The metal plate caused chronic pain and she has also had 5 operations on her knee after the rta and suffers from flash backs and ptsd she uses an elbow crutch and has a knee brace and wheelchair.
She has a spinal cord stimulator fitted and has regular visits to the Walton Neuro Hospital if and when any problems arise with needing adjustments to the stimulator or the battery needs to be changed (involving a operation)
Sorry a bit of a long winded question but shes possible due a f2f this year and i was wondering if and when she has the appointment date could she request a paper based review due to her ptsd that affects her daily and she doesnt cope well traveling.
Many thanks for your time.
Regards Strato

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243812 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip f2f
Hi Strato

Only a small percentage of claims are paper-based - between 3% and 5%. You can put in a request for one, but you will have very little chance of success without the back of a GP or letter from a hospital consultant, which would have to say unequivocally, that it would cause her "overwhelming psychological distress," and could lead to a deterioration in her mental state. They might always say that with an operation pending, it would also cause her undue physical discomfort and she could not give a fair representation of herself because of the pain she would be in. If the doctor's letter isn't strongly worded the DWP will probably ignore it.

I hope you get the gist of it. I have known a few people get a paper-based decision without a supporting letter, but they are rare. I should also add the DWP do sometimes ignore Doctor's letters, and if you get one and they do, you need to be constantly ringing them up and trying to persuade them to change their mind. Ask to speak to a more senior person, if they try and fob you off.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #243826 by Strato
Replied by Strato on topic Pip f2f
Thank you very much Bis yes i get the gist thanks for your advice once again.
Regards
Strato

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.