× Members

Mobility

More
4 years 1 month ago #243808 by Sja75.
Mobility was created by Sja75.
Hi I’ve recently received for the first time lower rate Mobility, however I think I should have been awarded the higher rate but due to not having quite recent medical history i was awarded the lower rate Mobility for 10 years after doing a mandatory review . Im due to have an MRI on my spine next week which will give more insite to my disability. The only problem is it’s almost 4 weeks since my award and time is running out, I don’t want to go down the tribunal route as I’m not confident in situations like that.
Is there anything I can do to get them to wait until I have the results of my MRI Without having to have a tribunal. I have two days before I have to phone the benefits office.
On my reward the clinical said although I have reported that I can only manage less than 20 metres walking on bad days there is no medical evidence to support this is the majority of the time. They therefore put in place the appropriate descriptor to indicate that I can manage 20 - 50 metres using an aid.
I was awarded 10 points.
Please can you advise what’s best for me to do in the next couple of days as I need to get in touch within the deadline.
Many thanks
Sarah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #243814 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mobility
Hi Indie75

No, the DWP will not wait for any test results. The system would collapse if they had to do that, as so many claimants are waiting for tests and appointments. And even if it came through - your MR has already been decided, they are unlikely to relook at it.

You could just register for an appeal, which you can do online. Then if you don't want to go through with it, you just withdraw. It makes no difference to your current award and you will receive the money you have been given. Then if you want to change your mind you can. You can also ask for a paper-based hearing, which a lot of people opt for.

You can find all the information you need in our PIP guide to Appeals (scroll halfway down the page)
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sja75.

More
4 years 1 month ago #243816 by Becky
Replied by Becky on topic Mobility
Hi Indie75

What if the mri results don't support a higher award? Have you thought about the possibility of that?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.