× Members

PIP Text and Sight

More
4 years 2 months ago #243857 by Patel
PIP Text and Sight was created by Patel
Letter received PIP to make phone call. Deadline 20th Feb 020. Received text message
from DWP if you want to claim phone now. Is this text message one to one message or set
computerised message. What needs to be done phone now or call before deadline at my convenience, Need prep time working through the B and W guide.
Issue around activities. Using an aid or other means basically assistance from another person.eg
Walking for advanced visually impaired people. Cane is an aid but preference is using sighted
guidance by another person much more safe and more effective. Reading can use an aid
magnifier or have letter read to me prefer later. Walking using an aid for stability walking stick,walking frame,etc prefer person to help rather than aid. Fear if i dont mention aids i would loose recommended 2 points. What should i do. Also cooking sight impairment need supervision for safety purposes eg possible harm from boiling water gas fire handling fire on hob using hot frying oil. Is that valid as there is no aid to replace safety.
Pat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243862 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Text and Sight
Hi Patel

Is this a change over from DLA to PIP? Anyway, you need to make that phone call when you want sometime before the 20th. Do not leave it right until the last moment in case there are any problems getting through. Once you have made the phone call they will send out the form to you and you will have to complete it within one month of the date on the letter. If you need more time you can always request a two week extension which is automatically granted.

If you use an aid, then you should say so, but you should explain just as you have done above what your preferences are and how a person would be more helpful and safer.

In terms of cooking, it is perfectly acceptable to say that you need assistance for safety reasons (whether you currently have any or not) - not just because of water etc, but don't forget the use of knives etc for safety reasons.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.