× Members

PIP renewal

More
4 years 2 months ago #243866 by duckduckdo
PIP renewal was created by duckduckdo
After sending my PIP renewal form and evidence 1st Nov I received a letter dated 27th Jan saying they had written for more info and may not need a f2f. (From my GP). Following day received a further letter dated 28th Jan giving me a home f2f today, which I had this am. I have gone onto my online records with my GP practice and it states they received a form to complete 30th Jan from IAS PIP. Today they state they have sent off with invoice and pt summary. Passed to MM to await payment prior to scanning. On my last DLA to PIP the nurse put I may need additional support due to cognitive etc, should I have had a (AS) marker on my file and a paper based review if possible? Also should my GP surgery give me a copy of what they have sent back today as when I asked for a copy of the report requested for my ESA they said they didn’t have a copy.? When do you think I can ring for a copy of the assessors report from today’s f2f bearing in mind my GP is only sending their requested info today? I am so stressed as the nurse on leaving said the reviews are regular and can be anything from 18 months to 3 years. I have over 14 chronic, serious conditions on my medical printout all going back between 22 years and the last 5 saying ongoing and a letter from a professor saying my conditions are permanent and exhausted all avenues of treatment and yet a nurse who spent an hour with me can have this hold over me. I pointed out nicely to her the above. She said you are awaiting input from the medical team in 8 months so you could improve. You couldn’t make it up. The reason my GP has referred me to the mental health team is because I have become suicidal due to the stress of being reassessed for PIP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243882 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewal
mememe

You should be able to request a copy of the assessment report on Monday unless the assessor is waiting for a reply from your GP, if they are then it could be a couple of days from when they receive the letter before the DWP will have their report.

If your GP surgery has indeed kept no copy of the letter then they are in breach of the Data Protection Act and you should make a formal complaint but it is far more likely that the person you talked to does not know what they are talking about, I would contact the Surgery on Monday to request a copy of the letter.

The decision to carry out a Paper Based Review lies with the Assessment Provider, the risk of harm to the claimant is certainly a factor that should be considered but ultimately they have to have sufficient evidence to make a recommendation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo

More
4 years 2 months ago #244012 by duckduckdo
Replied by duckduckdo on topic PIP renewal
Thank you Gordon. I went and asked the receptionist for a copy, after being fobbed off again, due to your advice, she got a manager to give me a copy.. it’s a good job I did. I saw my GP last Feb where she referred me to a Pain Clinic for the 2nd time. I waited until October to be assessed then have been attending weekly for pain management. They also sent a report including psychiatric, where I am now waiting for CBT under the Mental Health Team and difficulty I have on a daily basis with fatigue and constant high pain levels of 8 out of 10. The pain clinic sent my GP a report from my last visit 23rd Dec requesting she increase Pregabalin due to my increased unmanageable pain and was unable to help me as I was already doing everything I could to manage my pain etc. On the PIP questionnaire she has put 1 to 10 for pain levels when she knows I live with chronic pudenal nerve pain since 1981 as well as Fibro and M.E.and just had this pain clinic report. She has put I can wash and dress myself unaided and I can communicate. I have never had this conversation. I know some members on B&W are worried they can’t get GP’s to support them, but my experience is it’s not always helpful. At least with your advice I know what the GP has replied back which contradicts what I have said, but I can prove it if I need to do an MR. I will let you know how I get on. I rang DWP for a copy of assessment report.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
4 years 2 months ago #244705 by duckduckdo
I got my PIP Consultant report today. The whole report is based on the MSO a full typed page of external rotation etc, in which she says everything was normal or within range. She has then scored everything based on my MSO, results, stating ie, needs It never happened. She never got up off the sofa. EG Managing Therapy has scored c, needs supervision . MSO supports this as it showed a reduced power to her lower limbs, her hip flex action to the right was also reduced. Her forward bend was significant reduced to above her knees. Evidence supports se needs assistance to manage therapy that takes no more than 3.5 hours a week. It’s all based on lies. How on earth can I prove she did not do an MSO ? Some of her lies have gone in my favour but others ie 7) Communicating verbally she has ticked I I did not report significant functional problems with this activity in my questionnaire or at consultation. I did both. Even writing a statement to the decision maker on how this affects me and why, also repeated to the assessor. She reported I can engage with other people unaided. She contradicted herself by saying I was prescribed an anti depressant, (Prozac) , then states further down she states MH reports no medication for anxiety. States no input from a psychiatrist, yet then states I am on waiting list to have CBT and have been referred to Mental Wellbeing Service. She has said I appeared well at interview , was not anxious or withdrawn and did not need reassurance from her partner. MSE shows she was not anxious or withdrawn, therefore evidence supports she can engage with other people unaided. On several questions I didn’t understand what she had said so looked at my partner and said”I don’t understand her question?”who had to explain in his words what she was asking.. I burst into full on crying when discussing my traumatic birth experience 38 years ago which rendered me with constant chronic pudenal nerve pain and uncontrollable bowel incontinence, but this isn’t even mentioned. She asked me if The Pain Clinic had helped. I said no. They told me I am already doing everything I can myself. She asked about was I given any help to assist my anxiety. I said they told me about breathing exercises to calm me down, but that they agreed this wasn’t helpful in my case when the overwhelming psychological distress was caused by a very real fear of a full bowel evacuation or loud wind in any social situations, which is why I am isolated and only see my partner and close family. No mention of this on her report. The whole report is either lies or failure to put in what was actually discussed. If the decision maker goes with the report then I would get enhanced on both, but DWP wrote to my GP at the same time as I had my f2f and has said I can wash, dress and communicate without aids and my pain levels are 1 to 10.. My GP knows my pain is high she referred me to The Pain Clinic and I have never been asked whether I can dress, wash unaided. When I asked my GP for a copy of the letter that he sent her after several weeks of appointments she told me he had sent her an email in medical terms so was unable to let me have a copy. How do I go about finding out what was in this email? Sorry for the long post just can’t believe my whole future depends on these lies.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244740 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewal
mememe

You need to keep your eye on the prize which is a suitable award, so if the assessor is recommending Enhanced for both as you say in your post then I would not worry about what points that you have or have not scored.

Even though your GP sent an email you are still entitled to see a copy of it, speak to your GP surgery, hopefully they will give you a copy without problem but if not then make a formal request for it, they will be able to tell you how to do this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #244850 by duckduckdo
Thank you Gordon.. I really appreciate your help. My GP has written back on the form DWP sent her that I can wash, dress unaided. The assessor has scored me as needing assistance to get in and out of the bath or shower and referred to the MSO, which we know never happened. Would needing assistance to get in and out of the bath override the GP’s opinion that I can wash unaided?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.