× Members

A3/2019 Mixed age couples: changes to entitlement

More
4 years 2 months ago #243871 by Blink532
I have been searching for information regard what happens if you are in a mixed age couple that has a change of circumstances this year. It would appear there is not a lot.

I have discovered the guidance note in the subject that said in Question and answer 4 of annex A that mixed age couples are entitled to a low income reassessment of pension age housing benefit if they lose pension credit due to a change of circumstances.

I decided to test this with my local authority to discover the textbook answer. no you lose it straight away and you have to apply for UC. This is totally contrary to CAB advice that you should seek assistance from advisors before moving to UC.
Have I got it all wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243883 by Gary
Hi EW

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Unfortunately Pension Credits is not something we cover on the forum, I would advise you to seek advice from Age UK www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/mone...ents/pension-credit/ if you want clarification or a welfare right unit. Unfortunately this forum is not the place for the information as there would be lots of questions that needed to be asked before qiving you an answer.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #243884 by Sallyb
I'm looking for much the same answers.

Mixed age couple wanting to move into New LA area currently in receipt I f full housing benefit.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243886 by Gary
Hi Sallyb

Mixed age couple who are already in receipt of PC will stay in receipt of PC even if they move LA areas and will be able to claim HB. When we talk of mixed aged couples we mean one partner of SP age and the other under SP age. The law changed in May last year that benefits will be based on the youngest of a couple not the oldest, which also means that a mixed age couple could be affected by the under occupancy charge.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.