× Members

Submission

More
4 years 1 month ago #243962 by Sja75.
Submission was created by Sja75.
Submissions

Please can anyone confirm the correct process of doing a written submission.

I’ve almost finished one but I’m unsure if this is all I need to send along with medical evidence.
Is a Submission classed as a Tribunal?
If it isn’t what else do I need to do.

I’m only wanting to do a paper tribunal not to have an oral hearing.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #243969 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Submission
Hi Indie75

Your submission is your statement and evidence for your PIP appeal which will be heard by a Tribunal panel.

Remember, a Tribunal Decision will not be made by you showing the assessment report is wrong but only by your showing that you meet the criteria for an award. I'm not saying you should ignore the report but it must be a secondary focus and where you do stick to issues that lead to your scoring, you don't want to waste the panel's time with issues that may, in reality, be trivial.

Whilst an inaccurate report is almost certain to have played a part you also need to consider whether you have properly explained your problems in your claim form, is it possible that you have misunderstood the Descriptors, described your problems in terms that do not match the Descriptors or failed to make appropriate use of the reliability criteria or the need for your limitations to be present on the majority of days to be considered?

If you haven't already lodged that you want an oral hearing then you need to do so now.

You can read up the process in the Guide to PIP appeals. (scroll down- it's about halfway down the page) www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 1 month ago #243973 by Sja75.
Replied by Sja75. on topic Submission
Many thanks for your reply.

Yes I had done almost everything you mentioned about showing that I meet this particular criteria.

I did say I wanted a paper (written) tribunal.
Do I log this on the DWP website? As I haven’t done this before ever. I know I need to do this tomorrow at the latest.

It’s only two points I’m trying to gain by going through this paper tribunal.

Could you please give me web address to log the appeal. Is there anything else I need to add when I send the submission i.e. medical evidence, first assessment, mandatory reconsideration decision?

Thanks

More
4 years 1 month ago #243990 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Submission
Hi Indie

It's not clear to me whether you have actually registered your appeal or not. If you haven't you need to do it here www.gov.uk/appeal-benefit-decision/submit-appeal. If you have already started the process you can add any evidence you want at a later date. It will go through every stage and what you need to do.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.