× Members

Pip assesment renewal issue

More
4 years 2 months ago #243985 by Tracey owen
Pip assesment renewal issue was created by Tracey owen
Hi ,
My daughter who is now 30 who .previously had DLA from age of 3 . On transfer over to pip she had a home visit by Capita as doctor wrote a letter and they accepted this. 4 years later she us due to be reassess, I had s letter in January followed by a renewal form I completed form and as nothing has changed filled it out accordingly . As they had all evidence as nothing had changed I assumed a appoinment would be sent for a home visit but received an appoinment at a assesment centre.
I called Capita explained to adviser and he advised me to get a letter from GP however he also said dont cancel the appoinment until day before as automatically a mother one would be issued .
I did as advised and doctor wrote another letter and his secretary posted it to DWP as instructed .that wZ on the 23rd January . I received another appoinment for the 7th Feb so I called DWP and was told it hadn't been received as yet and to keep calling which I have still not arrived or been processed. The last call was 2 days ago and I was told it hadn't been received and that wouldn't be there fault would've royal mail! Or the back log in the soeting office . I was also told that my daughters pip will stop on 3rd march and when that stops it will effect her ESA she will loose the severe disability component. I'm going to call again today . If this happens I have no idea how I will be able pay for her needs, I have contacted my mp and he is writing to the appropriate person in goverment responsible for DWP I also in the email said that the amount of stress and anxiety it is causing me and I have my own health issues and said I will hold the concervity goverment responsible if my daughter doesn't get the care and supportt she needs and also if the impact om my mental health and wellbeing . I'm really anxious and thr phone calls take up to a hour to get through and then the person on the phone isnt empertheyic really dont know what to do if anyone can help and advise me on anything I would be grateful

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243987 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip assesment renewal issue
Hi Tracey

For future reference - just because your daughter had a home visit last time- never assume you will be given one when any benefit is up for review. You will always have to request one, and you nearly always need a letter from your GP. Also in the future - never allow the doctor's secretary to post a letter because I am assuming that it will not have been posted with tracked mail. As you are finding out you have no comeback with the DWP because you have no evidence of it being delivered or where it currently is.

If the GP has already written a letter, I would contact your GP's surgery, get a copy and post it off yourself making sure that you send it by tracked mail. I would also ring the DWP again - I know this is time-consuming, but I would give it a go if you have the chance. I would ask to speak to a senior case manager. If your daughter has had DLA since the age of three she should be marked down as a vulnerable person and there are a specific group of people who deal with these. You need to press for them to put you through or make a call back to you. Either way, when you get through to someone more senior - you tell them about needing a home visit and if this is not possible ask if they will consider doing a paper-based review. You emphasise you have ill health yourself and if you become ill - who will care for your daughter?
The DWP can be horribly stubborn, but there are some good people and I hope you get one of those on the phone to help you. I know it will take a lot of effort to fight them, but it's better than potentially losing your daughter's money.

You have already done things I would have suggested like contacting your MP.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #244015 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assesment renewal issue
Tracey

Are you actually talking to the DWP or the relevant Assessment Provider? It is the AP that will make a decision on whether a face to face is required or not!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.