× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration form sent special delive

More
4 years 2 months ago #244045 by lmc77
Hi there just wondering if anyone knows the rough timescales i should expect to at least receive a text to say that thy had received my Mandatory Reconsideration form. I have sent it Special Delivery and it was signed for on Monday. Nothing yet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244046 by BIS
Hi Imc77

Unable to give you any sort of timescale as in some areas there have been delays at the sorting office. At least you know yours has arrived. You don't usually receive a text about Mandatory Reconsiderations so you will need to keep ringing to find out the status of it. It generally takes up to six weeks for a decision to be made

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lmc77

More
4 years 2 months ago #244050 by lmc77
It does say on the front of the form that "We will send you a text message or letter to tell you we have received your form"

The phone lines are horrendous so dont want to have to be on hold for hours if i am jumping the gun.

Thanks

More
4 years 2 months ago #244057 by Gary
Hi lmc77

I got through today to the DWP PIP enquiry line after a 10 minute wait on the phone. It can vary day to day, I have waited over 45 minutes before, luckily DWP now have a free phone number so when I call I put it on speaker phone whilst I get on with other tasks.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lmc77

More
4 years 2 months ago #244084 by lmc77
Hi there, i did call and got through after 30 mins, the advisor confirmed that they had received the form . However he also claimed they dont send the text, i pointed out it says it on the form. He then suggested that my home number was he primary number, again i stated i had text messages from the original PIP claim and he suggested the system had changed it itself. Now what a lot of codswollop. This type of thing really angers me as my claim is purely based on pain, i do not have any cognitive issues or require anyones help to deal with tasks but it just shows how vulnerable people are - the system changed it itself. Better be on the lookout for terminator next! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.